What sets us apart?
While you will see us in the boardroom or with a clipboard, you will also see us working directly with your frontlines every day. When your shop floor leaders make a decision to change the layout of their welding line, we'll be out there with a hacksaw, helping them get things rearranged as efficiently as possible. We believe that lasting change doesn't happen without building a significant degree of respect and turning these opportunities into learning experiences. What makes us special, is that we are completely hands-on. We build leadership skills by starting with the frontline.
Our objective is to simplify, standardize, and automate your company’s operations to eliminate waste, build productivity and profits. Our goal is to help you develop a culture in which improvements are prolonged and generated within your organization. A culture where your front line personnel are empowered to instill change and take ownership of the results.
How do we think?
We see time spent within an organization broken into three segments.
- RUN - Your day to day operations. Generally handled by your front lines but often attract the attention of management when problems arise, causing a cycle of firefighting.
- IMPROVE - Incremental improvements on processes that we are always working on, but often find it hard to find time for.
- GROW - Big bold leaps for your organization. Things like launching a new partnership, making a big acquisition, or taking on alignment challenges on your management team. These are the holy grail for top leadership but we seldom have time to get to them
Odds are, as a leader in your organization, you're spending too much time firefighting and not enough time seeking out continuous improvement and growth opportunities.
We fundamentally believe that the key to growing a business is to improve how leaders are spending their time and energy; liberating them to improve and grow their business. We believe in empowering the frontlines with mentorship, education, and training.
What does an ideal project look like?
An ideal project isn't hinged on an industry, product line, or structure of the organization (family biz vs corp). For us, an ideal project all starts with an environment that's prime for growth.
- A company that values their employees and front line.
- Management feels stretched too thin and caught up in the day to day activities of their organization.
- A company that is quickly growing, and is having trouble keeping up with added complexity.
- A desire from management to bring their organization's processes up to a "world class" standard.
- An organization change is driven by one-off initiatives by management or consultants but desires to build a platform for continuous improvement.
- Technology isn't being leveraged fully within the organization and management doesn't know where to look to implement improvements.
Our solutions are more effective when we're able to help develop personnel and processes across multiple fronts of an organization. By making bold improvements, we're better able to create lasting culture change. A typical engagement will last up to a year and include...
- Strategic alignment among management team.
- Simplify and standardize core business.
- Continuous Improvement Culture built around Run Improve Grow.
- Technology enablers (Including ERP when appropriate)
- Education and Organizational Development: Front Lines to Front Office
What will your organization look like?
- An organization that enables daily RUN and problem resolution at the appropriate level.
- A team that is focused on REACTIVE and PROACTIVE improvements every day, enabling GROWTH.
- Scalable management systems are in place to support new products, markets and technologies.
- Leaders are accountable for improvements aligned to specific activities and projects.
- Technology is leveraged effectively to maximize RUN effectiveness.
- Best practices are shared effectively and consistently across sites, functions, and departments.
- Execution of the key processes in your business happen in a way that give your team and customers confidence and less stress.
All of this adds up to an organization which is more confident to take on bold challenges, a culture of continuous improvement and an environment where the management team can focus on growth.
What Businesses are Saying
“We used to dictate to production from the office how things would be done… it’s now 180 degrees different. When we have a new job, production creates the best process and communicates it to engineering for analysis."
-Marcus Mencher from ThyseenKrupp Bilstein of America
"These guys came in and embedded themselves in our processes, working side by side with our front line leaders and employees to identify the best process for our business and accelerate change."
- Dan Hogan, CFO from Coleman