Thatís pretty much the profile of every Project Manager here at Definity Partnersģ. We are a small company that helps businesses do more than they ever thought possible and we do it by developing people. Of course we use tools like Lean and Six Sigma or whatever it takes to get the whole team moving in the same direction, but they are just tools. Our real magic is creating a fearless front line of employees and supervisors that ultimately end up running all aspects of the day-to-day operations. At the same time, we work hand-in-hand with the management/leadership team because itís been our experience that successful and sustainable change is only possible when all levels of the organization are pulling in the same direction. In other words, we touch every aspect of our client's business in a holistic fashion and you have to be quite a versatile player to make such a broad impact.
Admittedly, itís a tough job - whether youíre on the shop floor, in the engineering or sales department, or banging on the table at a management meeting. Change is never easy, but we will teach you our Run Improve Growô process to develop your skills and help you make meaningful change happen. And, youíll find this last comment hard to believe, your clients will end up loving you for it! When you come out the other end of a project and youíve helped a client face and tackle their most difficult challenges, you will have built personal bonds that will last well beyond any individual project.
This isnít just some operations job - it is a fast paced, relevant and transformational role. If you want to play, hereís what it takes:
Must Have Requirements:
- Prior responsibility for leading a significant P&L or Cost Center (demonstrated Leadership success)
- Demonstrated record of overcoming resistance to needed change
- Meaningful Project Management Experience
- Minimum 7-10 years of management experience in Manufacturing, Distribution or a Service Company
- Minimum 5 years of operating experience at a senior level.
- BS/BA Degree (Typically technical in nature)
- Flexibility to travel 20-50%
- Experience using Lean manufacturing tools and some Six Sigma mentoring skills
- MBA a plus.
- A track record of leading improvements beyond the shop floor
Other Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Enjoys teaching others
- Has the ability to connect with all levels of employees from CEO to front line workers
- An internal need for continuous learning